Not sure if you are part of the Takoma Park Tundra? Not to fear. I will help you out. If you answer yes to any of the following, then you are part of the Takoma Park Tundra! Congratulations!
1. You drive a Prius, which has at least two political stickers on the bumper or window, and you sideeye anyone with a SUV.
2. When you realized Donald Trump would win the presidency, you cried, and you promised yourself, as well as announcing on Facebook, that you would #resist.
3. You have one or more of the following posters on your front lawn: Black Lives Matter, Hate Has No Home Here, Everyone is Welcome Here, or something related to the rights of workers, including something about economic justice.
4. You preach #diversity, but your neighbors are white, your friends are white, you go to parties where everyone is white, you live far from Maple Avenue and New Hampshire Avenue, and you send your kids to either the Lowell or Barrie Schools.
5. You believe that CNN, NPR, the Washington Post, and The New York Times, are non-partisan sources of information. You also love Rachel Maddow.
6. You have always wanted to visit Cuba, because deep inside you know socialism could work if they just do “__________” the next time around.
7. You pay at least $10,000 or more in property taxes.
8. You believe #resisting means taking your children to various marches in DC with posters you made containing witty messages you found on google, and then taking a picture of your child or children with said poster raised, and then posting that on various social media platforms.
9. You believe that anyone who disagrees with you is a racist. In fact, anyone who isn’t a liberal democrat is a racist, a fascist, and an islamaphobe.
10. You are easily offended, and believe that words that are hateful, which essentially includes anything that conservatives say, should be legally curtailed.